Baseball is stronger than ever and year over year families, and the athletes within, are expressing interest for more. To this end, the Calgary City Royals Baseball Club has been formed to help support this enthusiasm for the game.
The Coaching staff are former players, active coaches and Dads who understand the game and are doing this as volunteers. They are connected within the sport and active members of our communities. The genesis of this endeavor is based on how much opportunity there is to share the knowledge of the game and grow the sport. The mandate is simple; “take what has been provided from team experiences & playing the game and give it back”. Supporting young athletes’ maturation and development is our program’s motivation and a primary philosophy of this coaching staff. Through the active pursuit of preparing for competition while respecting the game, our model of success is already proven. Athletes get better when they continually learn and have the tools to be prepared. Most importantly, they become great ambassadors of the game while having an experience that can best be summarized as fun.
To develop a team of athletes into the most respected baseball team in Alberta with the foundational message of “Respect - Compete - Fun”.
- To offer a compelling option for aspiring baseball players looking for a competitive environment to continue their baseball journey by way of a brand of baseball that is opportunistic and committed to elite effort
- A platform of learning that prepares young athletes how to embrace the great game of baseball at new levels while ensuring a commitment to personal excellence & character development in a supportive environment
- As a member organization within Baseball Alberta, leverage the comprehensive tools the governing body has to offer, represent the team in league play as well as in select tournaments in Canada and the US
- Utilize Coaching influences and playing experiences (Provincial, National and International) into detailed practice preparation and game day plans that are 100% transPARENT. Parents are vital to the success of the team, so it is our philosophy to have a very open and engaged relationship
- Use Baseball Alberta certified Coaching credentials to support a development program that enables players to experience real time feedback through evaluation tools, performance statistics backed by proven coaching methods
- Players will play their primary positions supported by an integrated practice routine leading to game play which is designed to strengthen player role identity and to get the team familiar with the full aspects of the game dynamics through the detailed understanding of each teammate’s responsibility
- Players and Coaches will be respected and will also demonstrate the same level of respect each and every day
- The Calgary City Royals will be viewed as a strong contributor to character and athletic development
- Your athlete will be prepared and will confidently compete as the highest levels possible
- Parents will be encouraged to be part of the team
- The experience will provide a platform of success both during the season and in the off season
- The players will have fun…. that is our guarantee!
HARD WORK MAY NOT ALWAYS RESULT IN SUCCESS, BUT IT WILL NEVER RESULT IN REGRET - Moneyball